When You Should Consider Roof Replacement
There is a lot to take into consideration when your roof has sprung a leak. Are you able to make some spot repairs, can you reroof for now or do you need a full replacement. All great questions to ask and we can help you navigate these topics with ease. Below are a few of the telltale signs that your roof may be ready for our help:
- Bald spots on the roof where granules are missing
- Edges of the shingles are curled or cupped shingle tabs
- Age of roof exceeds 20 years old or if your neighbors are getting new roofs
- Homes that are built around the same time experience similar weather conditions, which can mean your roof is ready for an upgrade
- If you identify spots on your roof that look old and worn
- Your roof has noticeable dark streaks (often due to airborne algae)
- Moss is growing on your roof
With three generations of roofing in our blood, we know roofing inside and out, which is why you can trust us to help with your next residential roof replacement project. Contact us today for a free estimate!
What is Included in a Roof Replacement?
- During a complete roof replacement, the following steps can be expected.
- First, the existing shingles are torn off, down to the wood decking. This enables us to tell a lot about your roof’s overall condition, ensuring nothing is going on underneath.
- We will inspect the roof’s decking to determine whether it needs repair or if it has deteriorated so much that a replacement is necessary. The wood deck is the base for the entire roofing structure, so it needs to be in top shape to keep your roofing structure and shingles intact.
- The under-decking is also replaced during a full roof replacement, which is the waterproof barrier installed on the roof’s deck.
- Our team also applies new flashing to prevent water damage with rust-resistant metal, to protect the parts of your roof that are most prone to water leaks and damage.
- New metal drip edging is also installed around the edge of the roof during a full roofing replacement. We also recommend that drip edging and ice dam protection be added in areas that are prone to freezing.
What to Expect when Working with a Professional Roof Contractor
You should expect professional and quality service from a roofing contractor. With over 35 years of experience in our family-owned business, Five Points Roofing is knowledgeable and skilled to handle all types of residential roof replacements. We are also familiar with the insurance claims process and are able to help you with the entire claims process from start to finish.
A good roofing contractor should be able to:
- Install safety barriers around the building/area during roof replacements
- Ensure safety as a top priority
- Be licensed, bonded and insured
- Run an magnet to clean all of the debris plus have an onsite dumpster for efficient cleanup
- Always have a foreman on site throughout the entire project
We at Five Points Roofing offer all of the above in addition to a 10-year workmanship warranty and also a 30-year to lifetime material warranty on all of our top quality asphalt shingles.